The Eight Kingdoms
#31
Vahva chuckled at Malum's way of speaking about his mother, then shook his head sadly as Vahva heard the venom in the older dragon's voice. "While it's a pity that your mother is so stubborn, be glad you have her, as I do not remember my own mother." Vahva had taken a sadden look on his face, at least until the wolf pups started to make a racket again. "Pardon me, Tala and I received a pair of Valierawolf pups as a late coming of age gift, however, I am curious as to how the country is doing in terms of defenses. My father is tight lipped about such going ons." Glancing at Tala, Vahva tilted his head in the direction of her basket set. Tala nodded a quick reply and he pulled the two pups out of the basket and set them on the ground outside the building, Flame also went outside, but quickly disappeared. "Commander, think you could spare a short while and fill me in while I wait for Tala and watch the pups?"
[Image: ibjnuu.jpg]
(Thank you Treble from RPGC)
Reply
#32
"Mmm, well if your father hasn't told you much, I'll respect his wishes and make this brief. As far as our intelligence goes, we've had no potential threats. The kingdoms seem pretty peaceful, but recently a few self righteous radicals from sckilla have been making threats against the home nation. Now, don't go blurting this out to anyone but....we have reason to believe that some higher up from glaciara is supplying their dangerous activity."
Malum shuffled again as he spoke quietly. The prince had a right to know, even if this wasn't the best place to share military secrets. He just hoped that no-one else could hear his quiet muttering.
I do pixel art and stuff
Current DM of 'Don't Die', in RP section. Feel free to join
Reply
#33
Vahva kept his surprise well hidden with a quiet nod while smacking his tail around, partly to keep the pups from wondering to far, the other part to help cover the sounds of Malum's mutterings. "It's good to hear that all is well, and it seems a perfect time to ask my father for his permission to enter the meetings then." It was clear Vahva cared about what was going on, but it would have been difficult to tell how much he craved information by his lack of reaction to such talkings. Vahva was worried about what Malum had said, and prayed that no one else had heard. Just then Flame came back, holding several pieces of small game in his mouth, making just enough disturbance to cause the pups to go over and investigate. "On a different note, what do you think of the pups?" Vahva asked, cringing for some reason.
[Image: ibjnuu.jpg]
(Thank you Treble from RPGC)
Reply
#34
"Ah, the brew should take less than two days, or forty-eight hours to complete." Baldwin jumps slightly as he'd been lost in thought. "If it isn't convenient, however, I can reschedule it. Just bear in mind the final stage takes 12 hours." He glances in the pouch, and pokes a claw in. "If sold or used these would probably more than cover the cost of the brew." Smiling kindly at Tala, he shuffles back to the cauldron. "So, what would be the order?" He asks Francine.

Francine meanwhile has pulled up a catalog, and shows it to Arti. "There are many different colors, which ae determined basically by what we put in. They have different compositions but are roughly worth the same. They come in yellow, green, brown, blue, lavander and purple tint, thus can be used at higher altitudes. Also, they're shatterproof from the creation process. That all?"

Reply
#35
"Mph, their...interesting. A present, I assume. Only very young....tell me, do you plan on training them for attack and defence? Pups like that can be great companions and even better guards, almost as good as Aluria. Come to think of it, are you even planning on training it yourself?"
Malum coughed and turned around, slowly making his way towards the exit. He stopped to put the potion into a small black, leather pouch on his side and pulled out three small objects.
"By the way, it's an awfully long flight back to mystia. Your father probably wouldn't be too pleased with me if I let you two fly back home in this storm in the dead of night. I have these little flash pearls, do you wish to have some?"
He stared at the prince. Flash pearls were truly a saving grace for a flightless drake like malum. Simply drop one and it would teleport you to wherever you desired.
I do pixel art and stuff
Current DM of 'Don't Die', in RP section. Feel free to join
Reply
#36
Tala nodded to Baldwin. "I'll be back in three days then, it's a pleasure doing business with you good sir." She said, turning and walking out, without even waiting for a response, to meet with the waiting Vahva. She heard what he said about training, then the flash pearls, and mearly shook her head, waiting for the prince to respond.

Vahva paused, looking at the pups again. "I'm going to attempt to train mine, but it'll be a learning curve for me, as I've never had a pet that I trained before. And I'll be fine without a flash pearl, thank you however." He said slowly, thinking hard. Tala spoke up.

"Vahva, I'll be here for three days, at least, you might want to go home and deal with what ever mess you made before coming." She was grouchy and in a mood, hoping that he would leave so she could have some peace and quiet to bond with her new pet. Vahva simply shook his head.

"I'll stick around with you, Grandmother said I should anyway." Vahva answered while watching Tala mutter angrily. Vahva turned to Malum. "Still, thank you greatly for the offered kindness Commander."
[Image: ibjnuu.jpg]
(Thank you Treble from RPGC)
Reply
#37
---(Jyn)---

She couldn't stay here another day.
Ren was a nightmare to live with, just the prince would make anyone want to stuff their face in a cauldron of dangerous stuff. He had no respect for anyone, and "sorry" never fit in his vocabulary. The servants, while nice, made her sick; she didn't want things given to her, she wanted to earn her own living. I bet fathers generally stick with their commoner children. The King of Ekohis wasn't often around, but when he was, he always praised Ren and not her. If anything, she was her brother's servant, no matter what she tried to do to earn kindness from him. Jyn assumed that she reminded her father of her mother, that must've been the explanation for the looks of shame he gave her. She just could not be a princess any longer.

But I won't be sticking around to find out, now will I?

Jyn went over the plan of escape in her head again. She would wait until night fell, then go outside to her usual spot in the castle gardens. Missy Marlemoph would assume that she was having her usual time there, and would leave her alone. Other servants would leave her alone. Then, when she was sure that nobody was paying attention, she would grab the supplies she had gathered under a generic bush and use the ancient escape route that nobody paid any mind to. The plan didn't allow much room for error, but she had to use what she could. She tried coming up with a plan in case Ren found her, but it was unlikely that he would be up at the hour that she would.

Jyn took a breath. Dusk could not come soon enough.

((If anyone wants to interact with my other characters, please do so. Not sure how to introduce the rest of them))
I've been inactive for a while. Hopefully I'm back for good.


Star Wars fanart would be nice.
Reply
#38
"Suit yourself, Sir....ugh, I mean, Vahva"
He bitterly bit his young as he uttered the word. Too long spent in the military had forced the habbit onto him, and no he said 'sir' to the most random of people. This was especially embarasing whilst addressing the citizens of his local town, and to his knowledge, they liked to keep a tally of how many times he said it.
After a few moments of nothing much, he shifted on his talons and turned away from the prince. 
"Goodbye Vahva. Tell your father I need to meet with him later this week to discuss... Important matters. Also, tell him I said hi"
With that, malum dropped one of his flash pearls on the floor, and it exploded with a brilliant light. He quickly stepped into the blaze before it closed up and with that, he had exited the little shop.
I do pixel art and stuff
Current DM of 'Don't Die', in RP section. Feel free to join
Reply
#39
Fran bit her lip, trying hard not to shoo off everyone. Looking uo from Arti, she turned her head and saw Baldwin happily dropping ingredients into a spare cauldron. Seeing her, he winked, before leaning over to grab a flask. She handed the one he gestured at to him silently, as he uncapped the green muck? Goo? Slime? She never really could tell the difference once they were bottled, considering they were all technicolour liquids. Maybe they should have named these something else. Badwin poured it into the cauldron, then shifted over to the cauldron that hadn't been cleared. He flipped it, watching the grey slush drain into a small jar, which he hurriedly covered with a forelimb. "So, about that task?" Fran asked him, after Baldwin had capped the jar and placed it on a shelf.

"Well, I was going to ask if you could go to Almadia and get another set of equipment but considering what happened the other day..."

"Pfft, I'll be fine." Francine grabbed an enchanted copy of The Guide To Notable Cities and Towns off the shelf. "What did you say you needed?"

Baldwin handed Fran a list. She looked down it and frowned slightly, brows furrowed in concentration. She held out her other hand, into which Baldwin pressed a pouch of coins. "You may keep any change. Just be safe." He murmered. Francine smiled toothily back, before pressing the location on the map and disappearing.

"What?" Zachary was not having the best of days. The part-time courier was unhappy as this was the third person who'd flagged him down. Opening his mouth to shout, he immediately piped down as the man waved an all-too-familiar runestone at him. "What do you want?!" He hissed at the stranger, eyes glowing. The man better not be after his cargo.

The stranger chuckled darkly. "My name is Clyde Geist, and I need a teensy favour." Zach's eyes widened. This couldn't end well.

"Stay still!" Nemo was practically hysterical, leaning over a railing with oven mitts still on his hands. Audrey snickered, taking a flying leap onto the next banister and watching as the merman freaked out. "But this is fun!" Another hop, and she was clinging onto the crystal chandelier with two limbs. The thick fabric met Nemo's face as Audrey realized the structure was not anchored all that firmly to the ceiling. With a crash, the entire chandelier landed on the floor, Audrey flying off at the last second.

Whirling around, she saw Nemo scowling fiercely, and was worried for a brief moment before she realized he wasn't looking at her, instead, his eyes were on the door. Audrey looked, and the worry returned twofold. For Damian Olphys was standing in it, and he was not pleased.

"What were you thinking?!" The elder dragon roared, staring at the mess on the floor. With a tiny squeak, Audrey moved off to the side, attempting and failing to cower behind Nemo. Nemo, for his part, managed to remain calm, like the eye of Hurricane Damian as the dragon started pacing around the hall ranting. After two full rounds, Damian disappeared down a corridor, his retreating tail flicking at the pair and sending them sprawling. "Jerk." Nemo muttered, helping Dreys up. "I'll clean this up, you go outside for a while."

Reply
#40
Tala was very angry with Vahva for not going back to Mystyia and simply ignored him for quite some time as they followed the pups around the forest. Meanwhile Vahva simply ignored her anger and played with the pups, almost as if he was one of them himself, despite the large size difference. And as time went on Flame started to join in the playing and the group stopped wandering in a large, partially covered clearing. The pups played and napped in intervals, and when they did nap, Flame and Tala would go and bring game back for everyone, leaving Vahva with the pups, for the sole reason that Tala did not want to talk to Vahva. Should anyone run across them at any time in the next day or so, they'd find the pups either napping or playing, while Tala worked on some scrolls, and Vahva and Flame watching the pups or getting a snack.
[Image: ibjnuu.jpg]
(Thank you Treble from RPGC)
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)